Sunday, February 11, 2007

Refreshed, Renewed, and Ready

Well, I'm sorry the last month has come and gone without many posts. Our spring break came early this year, and I have been enjoying the mountains of CZ. I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy the little bit of snow that we've had in the past few weeks, but the snow has almost disappeared now. So now I'm back, with a fresh mind and new ideas.
My first endeavor will be to start a participation competition with my students. Last term they had a passport and got stamps for coming to class. This term I want to try giving them points for coming to class and special events, and I have some special questions posted on our website that they can answer for more points. If you want to look at the website here is the address:
http://anglictinapolicka.blogspot.com/
The site is half in English and half in Czech. I also would like to encourage you to comment on the questions if you like. I would ask that you only answer the first question, but after that you can write a note to the students to say hello. The logic questions will get harder, so if you don't know the answer, feel free to make some sort of joke. My goal is to encourage them to look at the website and communicate with each other as well as with our friends over seas.

I also want to point out a new addition to this site. You can now register for my email newsletter in the column to the right. I've been sending a newsletter once a month through the mail and email. The newsletter has more detailed descriptions of my experiences and projects. So, if you aren't on my mailing list and you would like to be, you can use the form on the right or email me your address.

There's a lot in store for this week. We're starting the new term of classes, we have a movie night on Wednesday, and then we will have a Game Night on Friday. I'm so excited to get back into the class room!

No comments: