Sunday, March 01, 2009

Honey, you're in the south now

 

Life sure does keep you busy, when you let it. Translating Hebrew, diving into scripture for exegesis(the big seminary word for research like bible study/devotionals), and writing papers and sermons, these activities crowd my mind when I'm not sitting in worship, in class or at meals. I'm so lucky to have friends good enough to make me stop and enjoy life and put down my books. Today my friend Arlo opened my eyes and showed me the duck pond just five minutes from our dorm(that's her running through the snow).
 
Oh, how I've missed the lakes of Madison and our little pond across from the church in Policka. My life almost doesn't seem complete without a body of water. Not only have I been living oblivious to this little pond hidden behind the children's home across the street, but I almost didn't let myself enjoy a snowy day, something that's almost all too familiar from my previous lives, and, honestly, I think it makes me a bit homesick. But the snow here is different. It's really wet and the ground is all muddy underneath and it doesn't really crunch when you walk. I kind of expected to take today as it was and go about my schedule as planned, but snow slows you down in the south. No one's shoveling or salting or going about their normal routines. So, as they say, when in Rome... Needless to say, we're taking it easy today. As those here on campus who work on Sundays and try to find special time of rest with God and glorifying God say, "We're taking a Sabbath."

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: