Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our talk show/worship
led by the rock group from our church,
Black Sheep(Černa ovce)


We have about 6 standard songs we can play and we spread them throughout the show. We invited the audience to sing with us and most of them did.

Pastor Jan was our first guest and it was a nice time for the youth to get to know him on a different level.

At the end we had a fun task for our guest and two audience volunteers. We call this part of the show "Ukaš, co umíš/Show us what you can do!" Pastor Jan drinks a lot of green tea each day, so we had a challenge to see how many cups of tea they could drink in 2 minutes. He drank 6, Pavla 5, and I think Martina had 1 and a half. It was a fun way to end the program.
Now we're in the planning stages for our next show on the 11th of July. We have already asked one of the teachers from the High School to be our guest and we're working on some new songs to add to our rep.
On a personal note, I'm sorry this took so long to get up. I know it's already been two weeks, but I just wasn't feeling like posting it yet. I think part of it is that I'm already starting to feel those pangs of separation anxiety. These kids and especially this Band are such a special part of my life. I feel like this Pokec is just starting before I leave, without much of my hand in the outcome and continuation. However, I know these kids are taking it seriously and they want to carry it on after I leave. Plus, with Jamie and Jeremy, there will still be people dedicated to encouraging the youth to be a part of the church. So keep us in your prayers as we prepare for the next one, that the kids start to become better performers and more aware of the flow between segments as the gain more experience in leadership.

No comments: